Saturday, February 28, 2009

G-Men make the right moves

Before anything, I would like to congratulate Stephon Marbury on his first game with the Boston Celtics last night.  In 16 minutes of play, Steph had 8 points on 4 of 6 shooting with 3 assists, a rebound, and a steal.  Promising start, we'll see how it plays out for the future.
Yes, I know, many of you are most likely thinking..."Wait, this kid lives in Boston, loves the Sox and the Celts, but is a GIANTS fan?  What gives?!"  Well, to defend my preference, my mother's side of the family is obsessed with the Red Sox and if I didn't follow, I think my 80 year old grandfather might try to assassinate me (and trust me, he is in good enough physical shape to probably accomplish that).  My father's side of the family is overly fanatics of the Giants, to the point where every Christmas and birthday I receive at LEAST 2 Giants items.  So I'm a mutt.
Anyways, this past week, the New York Giants sig
ned star running back and my personal favorite, Brandon Jacobs, to a 4 year contract through 2012.  This move secured one of the most dominant RBs in the entire league, considering you get a gazelle mixed with a rhino in one man.  Good move, G-Men.
As I was composing this blog and monitoring some headlines, BREAKING NEWS came up.  Matt Cassel, the New England Patriot's tremendous quarterback from last year, was JUST traded to the Kansas City Chiefs.  Although I am a chronic opposer of anything Pats, I definitely respect Cassel as a player and think he did one hell of a job stepping up and leading that team.  If they went with anyone else after Tom Shady went down, there is no way they would have even come close to the playoffs (although they still didn't make it).  It will be interesting to see what the Pats will do if Brady ends up re-injuring his knee or has some sort of complication throughout the season (I did call that he would go out the first game of last season).  However, putting it in New England's perspective, Matt Cassel has way too much talent to be sitting on the bench for 16 games, so dealing him to KC for their second round pick.  It was obvious, after this season, that Cassel would get picked up if the Patriots were to deal him, and I congratulate him for his success and wish him all the best with the Chiefs.  
Hopefully he'll come back and spank the Pats.

Jacobs literally running over Washington's LaRon Landry

"It is very easy to root for guys like Matt Cassel, who do everything the right way and flourish as a result. As much as we would have loved to continue working with Matt, we wish him nothing but the best as he takes this next step forward in his career."
-Bill "Spygate" Belichick

No comments:

Post a Comment